Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!! (2014)


**Edit** One of our beloved family members is in the hospital recovering from surgery so, if you feel so inclined, please join me in sending positive thoughts for her recovery. Thx**


This Valentine's Day is destined to be the most romantic ever! I'm going to start off the day with a buy-one-get-one-free-for-your-Valentine coffee at Starbucks (with mom)! Then we're going to Ikea to buy my mom a new desk because she's writing a book and needs a better work space. Then we're gonna hit some outlet stores and buy girly things! Aaaand we will no doubt end the day in a restaurant somewhere! Hurray! Ro to the Man to the Tic... Ok... maybe not so much romantic... but family shopping fun! :b



I had hoped to do a post on a C.A. Cupid today, but I don't have her yet. I literally couldn't force myself to buy her until I can get her with at least a 20% off discount. Paying full price takes all the fun out of shopping for me these days, which is why I stopped adding to my modest LV collection. Not to mention that I kinda got hooked on last Spring's Dooney and Bourke floral line.





As you can see, they have a similarly classic style as LV does, but these are just prettier to me. I guess brown just isn't my color... Plus these were on mega sale when I bought them last Summer! Sadly, I do still hate most of D&B's other lines :S


Back on track with what I was saying before distracting myself, maybe during our shopping excursion tomorrow I will find the C.A. Cupid and get her... Maybe I'll even pay retail... No... probably not. LOL


Actually, something amazing did happen this month! It was cold enough that I was able to use my wood burning fireplace!






It's been so long since I've enjoyed a wood fire! Ever since moving to CA it's been gas fireplace this and gas fireplace that, and "look, it turns on with a light switch!!!," but I miss the fires I grew up with in the Texas countryside. Luckily, I was able to have a roaring fire for two whole days while the weather was freezing and rainy!


Let see... I wanted to shared some music and with this being the Valentine's post, I wanted something dreamy but... I really can't even think of anything. Although, here's a song from last Summer that I listen practically every morning! It's like my new Abracadabra, except I probably look a little sillier dancing to it everyday when I wake up...


(cr: Official Girl's Day Youtube)

I have an outfit that's almost identical to the blue one that I bought for something or another (I don't know why I have such impractical clothes laying around). I think it's good, though, because I'd hate to look foolish by dancing around like that in normal clothes. It's much better to put on the costume everyday (P.S. I know I'm insane). By the way, I loved this song from last Summer too! So country adorbs!


(cr: 4Minute Official Youtube)


Alright, I gotta get out of here and workout. I always put on weight when I move... ugh. Here's a preview of something coming up:









Product of rainy days with nowhere to go! Ha! 

I hope everyone has a great Valentine's! Do you like my header? I tried to make it to look like a Valentine's card~ 

(credit to www.easyelements.com for the awesome heart brushes)

So what are you guys planning to do this Feb. the 14th!? 



No comments: