Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Blondes are more fun -- with hair chalk!!


When I'm in the shower and I have to use half a bottle of conditioner, I ask myself - "Why am I still bleaching my hair?"

When I have to cut my hair several inches shorter because of extreme split ends, I ask myself - "why not go back to my natural color?"

When I look in the mirror and see roots, I say to myself - "Omg! You look horrible!!!!"


So why am I still maintaining my blonde hair??? 



Because I've fallen in love with the soft pinks and purples that result from applying chalk to it! 




~





Please disregard my messy hair, the wind and rain did it :3



The chalk I am using in the above photo is called Hair Wear Makeup. I bought both the hot pink and purple shades from Urban Outfitters a while back. The pink is great and extremely easy to apply. The purple is... a nightmare to apply! It doesn't rub on easily at all, and although I've tried to use it as much as the pink color, you can tell which one goes on my hair more easily by looking at the containers~




I have no idea why the purple is so resistant. Maybe it's old and out of date? Can hair chalk be out of date? Anyway, since I'm running low on the pink and the purple obviously would rather die than be applied to my hair, I've purchased some new hair chalk to try out~




I really like the packaging and how much easier these sticks are to apply to my hair! The color doesn't really last all day like the Hair Wear Makeup did (The Hair Wear would last for days)! The GypsyStix chalk looks like this at the end of one day:






Kind of cotton candy blue and pink. Possibly it would look more vibrant in outdoor lighting, but the rain has kept any chance of that from happening. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain, we haven't had rain in this horrible town for months! 

Basically I think I'll give the GypsyStix chalk another try and maybe follow the directions more closely this time. I think I was suppose to seal it with a hair straightener and I totally disregarded that. I just thought since the Hair Wear stuff worked without using hairspray (as the instructions advised) and it stayed in for ages, the GypsyStix might do the same. Plus I feel like the hair straightener is going to further damage my already damaged hair...

So if anyone has any suggestions for hair chalks that work well and don't required intense heat to be sealed, let me know. Otherwise, I will give this stuff another try when the rain moves on and update how it goes.


No comments: